English Club welcomes Boatman


English Club met at McCoy’s on April 7. Hostesses were Jean Singleton and Jane Walker. President Nancy Williams welcomed 12 members and one guest, Shelby Boatman.

Boatman has served as director of Clinton County History Center for five years. The center is celebrating its 75th anniversary and is supported financially entirely by the community and relies heavily on volunteers. CCHC was formed by three local men and incorporated in 1948.

The purpose was and is to “honor the past and look forward to the future.” Rombach Place was purchased from David Williams for $30,000 in 1955. A variety of fundraising events helped to pay for the property.

In 1998, the Board of Trustees approved the building of an addition which houses the community room, restrooms and an elevator. There are 200,000 objects in the center’s collection and a comprehensive genealogy library which is heavily utilized by our community and neighboring communities. CCHC collaborates with genealogy resources in Sabina and Blanchester.

An ornament commemorating the 75th anniversary is available for purchase by calling or visiting the center.

Boatman encouraged all in attendance to visit and invite others to visit the center.

Members present were: Donna Barnhart, Nancy Bernard, Sharon Breckel, Beverly Drapalik , Susan Henry, Nancy Jones, Judy Sargent, Frances Sharp, Jean Singleton, Jane Walker, Avonelle Williams and Nancy Williams.

The next meeting will be held at McCoy’s on May 5. Sharon Breckel and Nancy Jones will be hostesses.

No posts to display