WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from incident reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly found guilty in court. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently processed the following reports:
• At 4:12 p.m. on April 9, police received a report of a missing 82-year-old male from Waco, Kentucky. According to the report, a 70-year-old male — also from Waco — advised that he and his partner are contract workers that pick up and drive vehicles to a dealership in Richmond, Kentucky. He advised that his associate brought along a friend, the reported missing male, to assist with driving vehicles back from Cleveland. The 82-year-old old was following the 70-year-old back to Richmond after picking up vehicles in Cleveland and they got off of Interstate 71 onto US Route 68 South. Police were advised that they were going to take 68 South into Lexington and get back onto Interstate 75 to Richmond. The 82-year-old was behind the reportee all the way into the city limits, and when he turned onto what he believes to be Xenia Avenue and North South Street, the 82-year-old was gone. Police were advised during the drive up the 82-year-old asked several times if they were going to Frankfort. They were advised the missing male may have some memory issues. The missing male was seen driving a blue 2016 Honda Civic EXL, blue in color, with a Kentucky Dealer tag of either X970606C or X909OH. The male is described as being six feet tall and approximately 200 pounds. The male was entered into LEADS as a missing person.
• At 7:41 a.m. on April 8, police responded to a businessy on South Mulberry Street where they were advised that a window had been broken. Police took photos of the damage.
• Police arrested a 38-year-old Hillsboro female for alleged theft after police responded to a shoplifting report at a store on Progress Way at 4:50 p.m. on April 8. The arrested female and 36-year-old Lynchburg male are suspect of stealing $243.13 worth of items including headphones, three video games, and miscellaneous craft supplies including stickers.
• At 7:04 p.m. on April 8, police received a report of a 20-year-old Martinsville female being bitten by a dog at the 800 block of Rombach Avenue. A 23-year-old female is listed as a witness.
• Police arrested a 34-year-old female for alleged theft, falsification, drug paraphernalia, and dangerous drug possession after responding to a shoplifting report at a store on Progress Way at 8:14 p.m. on April 9.
• At 10 a.m. on April 10, a 32-year-old Leesburg female reported a MacBook Air and four light meters were stolen from the 1-99 block of West Sugartree Street.
• At 3:20 p.m. on April 10, a 60-year-old male reported multiple items stolen from his garage at his residence at the 200 block of North Wood Street. Items stolen include a Bostitch air compressor, a Porter cable 20V combo set, a battery charger, and a grey cart.
• At 1:38 a.m. on April 11, a 50-year-old female reported her black mountain bike was stolen from her residence at the 200 block of Doan Street.
• At 11:04 a.m. on April 11, a 29-year-old female reported that sometime in the last day someone had stolen the license plats off of her 2005 Saturn Vue at her residence at the 100 block of Randolph Street, though she advised that she was not sure exactly where the plates were stolen, as it could have either been at her apartment or at work. She was contacting her landlord to try and get video footage of her parking lot at her apartment and her work security was looking at video of their parking lot.
• At 5:54 p.m. on April 11, a 58-year-old female reported her iPhone 7 was stolen while at a store on Progress Way.
• Police arrested a 33-year-old female for alleged criminal trespass and theft when reporting to a theft report at a store on Progress Way at 6:23 p.m. on April 11. The report lists a push mower as the stolen item.
• At 5:49 a.m. on April 12, a Schwinn bike was reported stolen from a 55-year-old male at the 600 block of North Lincoln Street.
• At 3:59 p.m. on April 12, a 33-year-old female reported the shed at her residence at the 400 block of South South Street and stole multiple items. Items stolen include Chicago electric radical saw blades, a Jigsaw, a Wagner Furna 300 Dual Temp heater, a Craftsman corded drill, and a Mitre box.
• Police arrested a 45-year-old Cincinnati male for allegedly driving while under the influence after responding to a two-vehicle crash at the 200 block of South South Street at 7:28 p.m. on April 13. No injuries were reported.
• At 9:07 a.m. on April 14, a 69-year-old male reported his Motorola cell phone was stolen from his residence at the 300 block of Doan Street.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574