WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Gold Star Chili, 942 Cherry St., Blanchester, Sept. 10. Critical: Raw sausage and goetta stored in same pan with ready-to-eat bacon and cooked sausage. Person in Charge separated ready-to-eat food items. Hot dog 116°F (hold side of grill); PIC relocated hot dogs. Shredded lettuce 47°F, orange juice 49°F; PIC relocated to other equipment and will contact maintenance for repair. Bottle of CLR stored next to salt; relocated and corrected.
Food handlers not wearing hair restraints on head and beards. Several containers storing food were cracked/damaged (prep cooler, walk-in cooler, salad insulated container). Door seals on equipment damaged (prep cooler, True under counter and Continental under counter). Shelf in Continental cooler is rusty. Ceiling lights throughout prep area, kitchen and walk-in cooler — bulbs are nonworking. Rust accumulated on shelving in dry stock area, walk-in cooler and warewash. Self-closure on men’s restroom door is missing. Dust and food splatter on ceiling tiles. Grease accumulated on side of grill. Kitchen exit door handle broken, does not close properly. Cove trim missing at prep line. Light bulbs stored on food dry stock shelf. Note: Ansul system tag is out of compliance per inspection company (fire).
• Brown’s Distributors, 100 E. Main St., Martinsville, Sept. 9. Critical: Box of shell eggs stored above ready-to-eat food in prep cooler; Person in Charge relocated and corrected. Black residues accumulated inside icemaking machine; PIC to clean and sanitize. Egg sandwich 123°F (in warmer); PIC adjusted temperature control on equipment. Chemical cleaner stored on top of icemaking machine; PIC relocated and corrected.
Shelving in reach-in retail cooler has debris/rust accumulations. Wood panel in walk-in cooler is not non-absorbent or easy to clean. Ceiling damaged in restroom. Floor tile chipped/damaged in kitchen and back room. Sugar container missing common name label. Self-closure missing at exit door/front door. Door trim/seal missing/damaged at front door. Box of shredded cheese on floor in walk-in cooler. Frost accumulating in reach-in freezer. Door seal damaged on Masterbuilt 2-door freezer.
• Domino’s Pizza, 211 S. Broadway St., Blanchester, Sept. 9. Critical: Chemical in spray bottle missing name label. Person in Charge to add label. Sprayer is hanging below flood level rim of 3-sink. PIC hung it on hook and will contact maintenance to adjust spring.
Certification in food protection (manager) unavailable. Thermometer missing in make line cooler. Large amount of water dripping and accumulating onto floor in walk-in cooler. Light bulbs nonworking in walk-in cooler, hall near 3-sink and near walk-in cooler. Plumbing at 3-sink leaking. Mop (wet) was not hung up to dry. Current original RFE license is not on display.
• Eagles Lodge #2222, 113 Wright St., Blanchester, Sept. 10. Manager certification in food protection unavailable. Salt and cinnamon sugar missing common name label. Hair restraints unavailable. Freezers (2) have ice accumulations. Facility has debris accumulations on floors. Broom stored next to hot dog roller equipment. Exit door does not tightly close.
• Chubby’s Pizza & Dairy Point, 604 N. Broadway, Blanchester. Follow-up. Previous violations corrected. Thank you!
• McDonald’s, 201 W. Main St., Blanchester, Sept. 10. Complaint received Sept. 9 claims “employees at drive-thru window reached into vehicle ahead of them to pet a dog; employee did not wash hands before giving them their food.” Investigated complaint Sept. 10. Discussed complaint with manager, who stated will address concern and review handwashing requirements with employees.
• 68 Shell, 5737 US 68 N, Wilmington, Sept. 9. Critical: Surface inside ice dispenser on soda fountain machine had brown residues. Person in Charge cleaned and sanitized.