WILMINGTON — The following information comes from incident reports provided by the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly found guilty in court.
The sheriff’s office recently processed these reports:
• Deputies arrested a 27-year-old Wilmington male for alleged improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle at 8:11 a.m. on Sept. 22. According to the report, deputies observed a suspicious vehicle on Ireland Road and the suspect “appeared to be hiding” from the patrol car. After conducting a traffic stop, the suspect was found to have a suspended license and in possession of two loaded handguns. The suspect and his passenger — his girlfriend — told deputies they just got off work, stopped to buy things, and didn’t know the firearms were in the vehicle or loaded. The suspect was transported to the jail; the passenger wasn’t charged but was transported to the Sheriff’s Office due to also having a suspended license.
• At 1:39 p.m. on Sept. 19, a 32-year-old Xenia male reported over $3,000 worth of items — including a motorcycle, tools, and a four-wheeler — stolen from the 3600 block of Center Road in Wilmington, Chester Township.
• At 7:50 a.m. on Sept. 23, a 51-year-old Midland male reported unknown subject(s) entered a barn of his on State Route 350 East in Martinsville and stole his 2018 black, gold and silver Polaris R2R XP1000.
• At 8:07 a.m. on Sept. 17, a 56-year-old Martinsville female reported her brother entered her residence — the 100 block of East Main Street, Martinsville — while no one was there and stole tools, knives, money, alcohol, and food.
• At noon on Sept. 17, deputies responded to the 2100 block of Creek Road in Clarksville on a theft report. A 38-year-old female resident reported her camouflage Can-Am 400XT four-wheeler.
• At 8:21 p.m. on Sept. 18, a 49-year-old Union Township female reported her 2004 purple Hyundai Sante Fe was stolen from her at the 100 block of East Street Route 350 in Cuba, Union Township. An acquaintance of the victim is listed as a suspect.
• At 7:46 p.m. on Sept. 17, a 72-year-old male reported an unknown suspect attempted to steal his 1999 black GMC Suburban while is was left parked and unattended at his residence at the 1000 block of Creek Road in Clarksville.
• Deputies responded to 4800 block of State Route 28 East in Martinsville to recover a stolen vehicle at 4 a.m. on Sept. 17. Deputies recovered a 2004 tan Ford F-150 that belonged to a 55-year-old Midland male.
• At 11:13 p.m. on Sept. 19, an 82-year-old Union Township female reported a friend had taken her green 1998 Chevrolet van from her residence — the 700 block of Todd’s Ridge Road. She also reported someone checks had been stolen and were cashed. Both reports indicate a friend of the victim as the suspect, but doesn’t indicate they’re the same one.
• At 11:21 a.m. on Sept. 21, a 38-year-old Martinsville female reported someone stole her blue 2006 Honda from the driveway of her residence — the 2300 block of Martinsville Road.