WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Kentucky Fried Chicken, 127 E. Main St., Wilmington, Nov. 6. Critical: Seven containers of macaroni and cheese in reach-in cooler dated for use by Nov. 6 at 10:43 a.m.
There were gnats flying around the 3-compartment sink in the kitchen area. Storage containers on rack were dirty with dust/debris and sticker residues on containers. Inside and underneath microwave ovens were dirty. Dust accumulation on hoods above deep fryers. Traulsen reach-in cooler was dirty in bottom of cooler unit with liquids. There were biscuits and trash on floor of walk-in freezer. Outside of door of walk-in cooler was dirty. Bottom door on the warmer/holding unit on back wall is broken and comes completely off of the unit. Mixer is no longer used at facility and must be removed. Floor throughout the facility is dirty. Floor under 3-compartment sink and hand sink in kitchen is dirty. Overall sanitation of floors needs to improve.
Follow-up: Approx. Dec. 6.
• Wilmington Bowling Center, 2667 SR 22&3, Wilmington, Nov. 1. Chemical in spray bottles (2) missing common name label. Person in Charge corrected. Hot Shot pest device stored next to taps for kegs. PICremoved. Sliced cheese missing date mark in reach-in cooler. PIC discarded. Corrected.
Equipment has black residue accumulations: Shelving in reach-in cooler (alcohol storage); 3-door cooler has water accumulation, black residues on bottles; sod gun nozzle (external) at game/bar area. Wall damaged in men’s restroom (game/bar area).
• J&D’s Market, 5205 SR 22&3, Wilmington, Nov. 1. Critical: Grab-n-go packaged retail food items for sale missing label components/ingredients, allergen identification and quantity of contents.
Thermometer to measure internal food temperature unavailable. Ice cream toppings missing common name labels in working containers. handles of scoops found in containers of ice cream toppings. Table-top can opener has metal shavings and is dull. Dust accumulated on fan and ceiling (lights/tiles) in deli area.
• New Vienna 1st Stop, 101 N. South St., New Vienna, Nov. 6. Follow-up. Two previous violations corrected. Thank you! Trash dumpster overflowing. Trash needs picked up more often. (4th violation.) Dry storage areas have pressboard (unpainted).
• Streber’s Market, 299 South St., New Vienna, Nov. 6. Follow-up. One previous violation corrected. Thank you! Walk-in freezer has ice build-up on the condenser line. Counter under pizza oven has duct tape on crack which is not smooth and easily cleanable.
• McDonald’s, 1272 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Nov. 6. Complaint received: Customer said they ordered and received “Quarter-Pounder with cheese that was cold and cheese was not melted.” Spoke with manager regarding complaint. She walked me through the process. They place quarter-pound burgers on the grill when sandwich is ordered. Burgers are cooked to 175°F or higher. Removed from the grill and sandwich is assembled. Manager cooked burgers for me. When removed from grill, the meat temperature was 178°F. No problems at this time.
• United Dairy Farmers, 395 E. Main St., Wilmington, Oct. 30.Critical: Spray bottle with chemical missing name label. Person in Charge removed bottle. Corrected. Milk 46°F (espresso machine). PIC discarded.
Food employees were not wearing hair restraints. Spoons in cup were stored with food contact areas up. Section of shelving in walk-in cooler had black residue accumulations.
• Pizza Hut, 486 Main St., Wilmington, Oct. 30. Follow-up. Certification in Food Protection for Manager unavailable. Vent hood light bulbs (2) nonworking. Shelving in kitchen has food debris/dust accumulations.
• Clinton-Massie Elementary School, 2380 Lebanon Road, Clarksville, Oct. 31. Walk-in freezer has lots of frost accumulation on the ceiling and ice on condenser unit.
• Clinton-Massie Middle School, 2556 Lebanon Road, Clarksville, Oct. 31. Walk-in freezer has ice build-up and frost.
• Clinton-Massie High School, 2556 Lebanon Road, Clarksville, Oct. 31. Everything looks good. Thank you.