WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Subway (outside Wal-Mart), 2855-B SR 73 South, Wilmington, Nov. 4. Critical: There was not a designated person in charge. Employee called manager. Employee was not able to demonstrate knowledge when asked food safety questions such as proper holding temperatures and how to check temperatures. Employee called manager. Discussed temperature control. Documentation demonstrating and providing verification employees have been informed of illness reporting requirements is unavailable. Employee was not sure where papers were located. Knives used to cut sandwiches are rinsed with sanitizer solution at new “sani station.” Food contact equipment surfaces must be washed, rinsed, sanitized and air dried. Tuna salad 43°F, sliced cheese 46°F, roast beef 46°F, sliced ham 46°F (service line; must be kept at 41°F or below). Employee called manager, adjusted temperature control.
Employees eating at table used to prepare food items. Employee (food handler) not wearing hair restraint. Wet wiping cloth stored on counter next to sanitizer bucket. Boxes of paper plates stored on floor. Reach-in freezer (with no name) has broken seal and ice (front) accumulation at bottom of door. Food debris accumulated on inside and outside of dough retarder (thawing) equipment. Light bulbs nonworking in several ceiling fixtures. Dust accumulated on ceiling above service line and fan above 3-sink. Food debris accumulated on floor of walk-in cooler. Cove trim is not secured to wall below 3-sink. Rust accumulated on shelving in walk-in cooler. Spillage of tea below dispensers/soda fountain machine. Personal coats hanging on dry stock shelving.
Follow-up: Nov. 18.
• Subway, 993 S. South St., Wilmington, Nov. 4. Employee did not wash hands after handling money at register/before putting on gloves to prepare customer’s sandwich. Person in Charge instructed employee to wash hands after handling money, before putting on gloves. Knives at service line are rinsed with sanitizer solution before use with sandwiches. Food contact surfaces must be washed, rinsed, sanitized and air dried before use. PIC removed “sani station” from service line.
Shakers with salt, pepper, seasoning salt, etc. were missing common name labels. Food employee preparing/handling vegetables was not wearing hair restraint. Debris accumulated in dough retarder in walk-in cooler.
• AJ’s Pizza, 653 W. Main St., Blanchester, Oct. 31. Critical: Sausage at 45°F, ham 46°F, cheese 44°F in the pizza prep cooler (must be kept cold at 41°F or below). Bucket of wings is not date marked.
Employee with facial hair with no restraint. There was pizza sauce on side of cooler and on the shelf of the pizza counter.
Follow-up: Approx. Dec. 4.
• Continental Nursing & Rehab, 820 E. Center St., Blanchester, Nov. 7. Critical: Puree baked beans on steam table were at 104°F. Mechanical cheeseburger on steam table was at 128°F (must be kept hot at 135°F or above). Manager removed from steam table and placed items back in oven to reach proper temperature. Additional water was added to steam table.
Floor tiles were broken/cracked in the kitchen. Roof (?) leaking and dripping down through hood over oven/griddle, onto the floor.
• Donatos Pizza, 860 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Oct. 31. Received complaint regarding “Employee not wearing beard net and manager having extremely long hair.” Employee making pizza on make line upon entering the store had beard with no restraint. All employees must have hair properly restrained including facial hair.
• Dilly Bar, 803 Cherry St., Blanchester, Nov. 7. Everything looks good, no violations. Thank you.
• Dollar General, 2783 SR 22 West, Wilmington, Nov. 4. Follow-up #2. Violations corrected. Thank you.