WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Speedway, 900 S. South St., Wilmington, Dec. 3. Critical: Pink residues inside ice dispenser in Club Chill beverage equipment. Person in Charge stated will clean and sanitize when additional staff clocks in.
Handwashing sign missing in men’s restroom. Peppermint mocha name label missing on cappuccino dispensing container. The following food equipment had dust or food residue accumulations: Handle of microwave; creamer equipment; Club Chill ice maker. Trash on ground near dumpster and behind building. Floor needs general cleaning in facility, especially under/near equipment and sinks. Walls have dust accumulation in food prep area. Walls are damaged and cove trim missing in soda bib room. Light nonworking above tea dispenser. Reach-in freezer missing front cover.
Follow-up: Jan. 6.
• Wal-Mart, 2825 Progress Way, Wilmington, Dec. 4. Critical: Cheese and meat in deli dept. found expired. Person in Charge discarded and corrected. Water sample results not available for bulk water machine. PIC will get copy of results.
Thermometer missing in pre-sliced display case (deli Dept.).Thermometer not accurate in produce walk-in cooler. Light bulbs (2) nonworking in deli dept. vent hood. Walk-in cooler and walk-in freezer damaged and ice accumulation.
• Subway (outside Wal-Mart), 2855 B SR 73 S, Wilmington, Dec. 9. Follow-up #2. Critical: Roast beef 47°F, chicken breast 46°F, sliced white cheese 52°F (service line). Person in Charge indicated equipment did not work this morning. Everything is iced down on meat/cheese side. Recommend small portions in container with more ice. PIC stated maintenance has been contacted and is scheduled to repair today. PIC added more ice.
Ice accumulated in bottom of freezer. Door trim is damaged (reach-in freezer). Light bulbs nonworking in ceiling fixtures (service line, 3-sink, stock hall, mop sink and orientation desk). Food debris accumulated on floor of walk-in cooler (at edges of wall and floor).
Follow-up: Jan. 6.
• We’re Rolling Pretzel Co., 2825 SR 73 S, Wilmington, Dec. 4. Critical: Spoon stored in hand sink; handsink must be free of storage objects. Black residues observed in guard on icemaking machine. Person in Charge to clean and sanitize. Smoothie mixes expired (Nov. 29) found in cooler. PIC discarded and corrected.
Ice scoop and smoothie pitcher plastic is cracked/damaged. Floor tile damaged near mop sink. debris accumulation on floor (behind/under equipment).
• Royalton Inn & Suites, 201 Carrie Drive, Wilmington, Nov. 20. Ready-to-eat apples on display for customer were not wrapped. Juice machine has spillage of juice inside.
• Tin Cap, 59 W. Sugartree St., Wilmington, Nov. 22. Critical: Spray bottle with chemical missing common name label. Person in Charge corrected. Note: Person in Charge certificate must be available for at least one person per work shift (if Manager Certification holder not on-site). Please ensure facial hair is restrained with a beard net. Please remove plastic coating on lower portion of prep sink to help keep easy to clean. Facility is primarily using mobiles, however is using kitchen more for food (pizza making). If additional equipment is added, it must be commercial and NSF (or similar).
• Holiday Inn Express, 155 Holiday Drive, Wilmington, Nov. 22. Follow-up. Violations corrected. Thank you.
• Subway, 31 E. Washington St., Sabina, Nov. 22. Follow-up. Manager Certification in food protection unavailable. Ice accumulated on floor and shelving of walk-in freezer. Dry stock shelving has rust accumulations. Dust accumulated on ceiling above service line.