Tuesday, Dec. 31
• Family Noon Year’s Eve Party on Tuesday, Dec. 31 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Wilmington Public Library. Ring in the New Year with light refreshments, activities, and a balloon drop.
• New Year’s Eve Lunch at noon at Wilmington Savings Bank Clinton County Senior Center includes roast pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, applesauce, roll and dessert; tickets are $8. Call 937-382-7170 for more information or visit the center at 717 N. Nelson to purchase tickets.
• Clinton-Massie Branch Library will be closing at 5 p.m. in observance of New Year’s Eve.
Thursday, Jan. 2
• Booklovers, a Blanchester area book discussion group, will be held at the Blanchester Public Library at 7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 2, discussing “Lending a Paw” by Laurie Cass. Anyone interested in participating may call the library at 783-3585 to get a copy of the book. New members are welcome and encouraged to attend. For more information, contact the Blanchester Public Library.
Wednesday, Jan. 8
• CMH Regional Health System monthly community blood drive noon-6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8 at 610 W.Main St., Wilmington. Everyone who registers to donate will receive the special edition “Donor Strong’ long-sleeve t-shirt. Make an appointment online at www.DonorTime.com or call 937-461-3220. Learn more at www.GivingBlood.org.
Thursday, Jan. 9
• Adult Daytime Book Club sponsored by Wilmington Public Library at Kava Haus at 1 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 9. “The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie” will be discussed. Pick up your copy at Main Library. New members welcome.
Tuesday, Jan. 14
• Instructors and staff from Laurel Oaks Career Campus will visit and host a pizza party for families of sophomores at Generations Pizza, 100 Lowes Drive, Wilmington, 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 14. Free pizza and answers about Laurel Oaks career and college preparation will be served to sophomores and their families at this time. Students and parents are invited to stop by anytime 5-7 p.m. Jan. 14. For more information about the pizza events or Laurel Oaks, contact Bill Davis, Laurel Oaks Career Specialist, at email@example.com or 937-655-5407.
Thursday, Jan. 16
• ODOT Public Information Meeting to display a solution for improving the safety at the intersection of SR 73 and SR 380 as part of a safety project. The open meeting will be 5-7 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 16 at the Clinton-Massie Middle School Cafeteria, 2556 Lebanon Road. Please park in the front lot of the middle school; go through two sets of doors, turn right, and follow the signs to the cafeteria.
Friday, Jan. 17
• Etta May Comedy Show at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17 at the Murphy Theatre. Etta May was the winner of the American Comedy Awards Stand-Up Comic of the Year and has appeared on MTV, “Oprah” and “CBS Sunday Morning.” Tickets are $15 to $45. For tickets, go to themurphytheatre.org or call the box office at 937-382-3643.
• “Hotel California” tribute to The Eagles returns to the Murphy Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18. For tickets, go to themurphytheatre.org or call the box office at 937-382-3643.
Saturday, Jan. 25
• Sawyer Brown with Thomas Mac at 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 25 at the Murphy Theatre. Sawyer Brown has charted 51 singles on the Billboard country chart including 19 in the Top 10 with eight of those consecutively in the 1990s. For tickets, which range from $35 to $80 packages, visit themurphytheatre.org or call the box office at 937-382-3643.
Wednesday, Jan. 29
• Adult Pinterest Craft Night will be held at Wilmington Public Library at 6:15 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 29. Make book page roses. Registration requested at 937-382-2417.
Wednesday, Feb. 5
• Clinton County Women’s Club meets the first Wednesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. at Damon’s Restaurant in their meeting room. Please note, they don’t meet during the months of July, August or January. Next meeting is Wednesday, Feb. 5 at 6:30 p.m. They welcome any ladies in Clinton County to come for fellowship and dinner. The object of the Clinton County’s Women’s Club is “working for the betterment of Clinton County. If you’d like more information please contact Mary Camp at 937-382-7171.
Saturday, Feb. 8
• Phil Dirt & the Dozers return for their popular annual oldies show at the Murphy Theatre at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8. For tickets, go to themurphytheatre.org or call the box office at 937-382-3643.
Friday, Feb. 14
• “America’s AC/DC Tribute Thunderstruck” recreates the spirit and energy of an AC/DC concert at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14 at the Murphy Theatre. Tickets are $20 to $45. For tickets visit themurphytheatre.org or call the box office at 937-382-3643.