WILMINGTON — HomeTown HoliDazzle is right around the corner(s) of downtown Wilmington after taking a hiatus during 2020.
The traditional activities begin around 4 p.m. Saturday including wagon and kiddie train rides, visits and photos with Santa (and The Grinch), concerts at the county courthouse and The Murphy Theatre, and the evening culminates with the dazzling floats and more of the HomeTown HoliDazzle Illuminated Parade.
Beginning at 7 p.m. at the fairgrounds, the parade comes into town filled with lighted tractors, horses, semi-trucks, marching bands, Christmas trees, golf carts, giant turkeys, musical cars, electric scooters, and of course children of all ages as well as the arrival of Santa Claus.
Hometown HoliDazzle is a Main Street Wilmington event.
Saturday’s schedule includes:
• 4-8 p.m. — Food vendors open at the Mural Parking Lot (next to the General Denver)
• 4-6:30 pm — Quaker Baker Baked Goods in the Municipal Building lobby (69 N. South St.)
• 4-6:30 p.m. — Children’s train ride (kids and adults welcome); boarding on Mulberry Street across from the General Denver
• 4-6:30 p.m. — Horse-drawn wagon rides; boarding outside the Friends Church at 66 N. Mulberry St.
• 4-6 p.m. — Visit with Santa & Mrs. Claus; Peoples Bank lobby (48 N. South St.)
• 4-6 p.m. — Pictures with The Grinch & Friends; Municipal Building lobby
• 4-5 p.m. — Wilmington High School Choirs Concert at the Clinton County Courthouse
• 5-6 p.m. — Community Band Concert at The Murphy Theatre
• 5-7 p.m. — Festival of Wreaths at the United Way office, 21 N. South St.
• 5-7 p.m. — Roving carolers
• 7 p.m. — Lighting of the Buckley Bros. star (look skyward to the big grain elevator)
• HomeTown HoliDazzle Illuminated Parade; begins at the Clinton County Fairgrounds, and proceeds east on Main Street through downtown, ending at the intersection of East Main and Lincoln Streets.
Hometown HoliDazzle is sponsored by the General Denver Hotel, Venice Wine Co., Rome Jewelers, Melvin Stone Co., ATSG, Clinton Memorial Hospital, Champion Bridge Co., the Wilmington News Journal, Wilmington Auto Center, Pittser Family Eye Care, HealthSource Wilmington, Elks 797 Golf Club, Carrie Zeigler State Farm Insurance, Wilmington Savings Bank, American Equipment Service, Alma’s Attic, Wagstaff Family Dental, Peelle McCoy Law Offices Co. LPA, and Wilmington Ace Hardware.