WILMINGTON — A New Vienna man was arrested Friday in Wilmington for alleged arson and shoplifting.
A police report claims a witness saw Alexander Jackson, 34, of New Vienna, allegedly run from the gas pumps at a Main Street gas station before the fire began, which was on the pavement near the gas pumps
Based on witness statements and reports, police identified Jackson as their suspect and arrested him near the area of South South Street and Creekside Drive, where they say Jackson was walking in the roadway.
There, police report they matched the printed receipt from the gas pump to Alexander’s Visa card.
Later that day, Jackson was arrested for alleged theft from a Progress Way business.
Report: Officer attacked
On Thursday, Erica Burris, 29, of Wilmington, was arrested for alleged felonious assault and probation violation at a North Lincoln Street home.
According to an incident report, Burris allegedly attacked her probation officer with a large piece of wood and swung a baseball bat at him.
The officer and Burris were treated for injuries, according to the report.
The following report is generated from reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently arrested or charged the following people:
• William Hamilton, 34, at large, on a warrant alleging aggravated robbery. Hamilton was arrested May 26 on State Route 73.
• Donald Jewett Jr., 35, at large, for alleged assault, aggravated menacing and trespassing May 27 at a Grove Street address.
• Leon Hill, 28, of Wilmington, for alleged possession of drugs and driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs on Grant Street on Saturday.
• Michael Mountjoy, 51, of Wilmington, for alleged driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs on Saturday on Alumni Circle.
• Timothy Peterson, 58, of Wilmington, for alleged domestic violence at a Linden Avenue home on Thursday.
• Talia Osborne, 35, of Port William, for alleged possession of a dangerous drug on North Lincoln Street on Thursday. On Saturday, Osborne was again arrested and charged with alleged trespassing and theft from a Progress Way business.
• Kathleen Reusser, 55, of Wilmington, for alleged theft from a Progress Way business on Tuesday, May 31.
• Matthew Roberts, 25, of Wilmington, for alleged theft from a Progress Way business on May 28.
• Misty Collins, 36, of Wilmington, for alleged complicity at a Progress Way business on May 28.
• Brittany Cunningham, 28, of Wilmington, for alleged domestic violence on May 27 at a Morris Avenue home.
• Ryan Poole, 23, of New Vienna, for alleged aggravated burglary on May 27 at a Paris Avenue home.
• Zachary King, 30, of Wilmington, for alleged aggravated burglary on May 27 at a Paris Avenue home.
• Sarah Washington, 31, of Dayton, for two counts of allegedly possessing drugs on May 26 on North Lincoln Street.
• Kevin Alredge Jr., 28, of Wilmington, a probationer. Alredge was arrested on May 25 at a Howard Street home.
Wilmington police recently received the following reports:
• Police received a report about a stolen 1995 Acura Integra, red in color, from a Southridge Avenue address. The vehicle was reported stolen on May 26.
• A breaking and entering was reported on Grant Street on May 28. A Wii U video game console and $700 was reported stolen.
• Police and Clinton County Job and Family Services opened investigations into suspected fraudulent activity.
• A domestic assault was reported Sunday at a Woodland Drive home.
• A missing person report was filed Sunday regarding a woman’s adult daughter and granddaughter.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.