Upcoming public/community events in Clinton County include the below. Email your public event information to [email protected] .
Friday, July 1
• DV8 rocks the beach party free concert of the Rock the Block Summer Concert Series presented by the CVB at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 1 in downtown Wilmington.
Saturday, July 2
• Standout in support of Ukraine — public invited noon-1 p.m. Saturdays, corner of Locust and South South Streets, Wilmington. Rain or shine. Clinton County Alliance for Compassion and Truth (A.C.T.) and Empathy Surplus Network USA, sponsors, encourage signs promoting freedom, democracy, and peace. Limited number of signs available on site.
• Note: The July 2 Galvin Park Community Sale is canceled.
Sunday, July 3
• Red, White & Blanchester Blue kicks off Sunday, July 3 downtown as vendors open at 5 p.m. HiFi Honey performs 5-8 p.m., followed by the Danny Frazier Band 8-11 p.m., when the event closes.
Monday, July 4
• Annual Independence Day fireworks display will be held at the Clinton County Fairgrounds in Wilmington on Monday, July 4. The fairgrounds and the City of Wilmington have partnered for the event which will begin at dusk. Admission to the fairgrounds for this event is free.
• Red, White & Blanchester Blue continues downtown Monday, July 4 with the parade at 11 a.m., and vendors open at noon along with rides and games; Quiet Storm performs noon-1:30; Circus performs 1:30-2:45 p.m.; Quiet Storm returns 2:45-4 p.m.; Circus returns 4-4:45 p.m., followed by Quiet Storm 4:45 until the downtown festival closes at 6 p.m. Fireworks will begin at dusk, provided by the Blanchester Area Chamber of Commerce and local sponsors.
• Party in the Park at Blanchester High School fields 6:30 p.m. to dusk. Free hot dogs and games for all ages provided by Elevation Community Church, as well as other food vendors. Fireworks start at dusk.
• Veterans Welcome Home 5K Run/Walk is scheduled in Blanchester. In-person registration begins at 7 a.m., with 8 a.m. start of the 5K at Veterans Memorial Park, 919 South Broadway St., Blanchester. Registration $30 for those 16 and older, and $20 for kids 15 and under.
• Note: No 3M Club due to the holiday.
Wednesday, July 6
• Unlimited Soup & Salad Bar open to public, first Wednesday of each month 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Aging Up senior center, 717 N. Nelson Ave., Wilmington. RSVP day before at 937-382-7170.
Thursday, July 7
• Booklovers Blanchester area book discussion group, at Blanchester Public Library instead of at Grace UM Church, 7 p.m., Thursday July 7, discussing “The Last Chance Library” by Freya Sampson. Anyone interested may call the library at 937-783-3585 to get a copy. New members welcome.
Friday, July 8
• Noah Smith ‘Boots & Hats’ free concert of the Rock the Block Summer Concert Series presented by the CVB at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 8 in downtown Wilmington.
• Clinton County Fair is Saturday, July 9 through Saturday, July 16 at the fairgrounds in Wilmington featuring nightly live concerts plus fun, food, rides, games, crafts and junior and senior fair shows and competitions daily.
Saturday, July 9
• Cream Camino concert — alt-rock band from Columbus featuring original tunes and cover songs at the Clinton County Fair 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m.; second show at 9 p.m.
• Monthly breakfast at Aging Up senior center, 717 N. Nelson Ave., Wilmington, 8-11 a.m. Cost varies per choice of biscuits and gravy, waffles, sausage, scrambled eggs. Open to public.
• ‘Conversation that Counts’ focused on the constitutional arguments underpinning the recent Supreme Court ruling overturning Roe v. Wade, facilitated by Clinton County A.C.T, 10:15-11:30 a.m. Saturday at the Kirk Room of Wilmington Public Library.
Sunday, July 10
• Legacy 5 concert — the Tennessee-based Southern Gospel group — at the Clinton County Fair 6 p.m. Sunday, July 10.
Monday, July 11
• Cook & Belle concert — country, soul, gospel and more 7-8:30 p.m. at the Clinton County Fair; second show at 9 p.m.
Tuesday, July 12
• Joe Mullins & The Radio Ramblers concert featuring the best in bluegrass at 7 p.m. at the Clinton County Fair.
• Senior Citizens Day and Veterans Day at the Clinton County Fair. Seniors 60 & up admitted free, and veterans admitted free.
Wednesday, July 13
• Allie Colleen concert featuring folk and country music 8 p.m. at the Clinton County Fair.
Thursday, July 14
• Murphy in concert — the folk, soul and rock singer-songwriter from Baltimore with multiple appearances on “American Idol” — at 8 p.m. at the Clinton County Fair.
Friday, July 15
• Bluffett Jimmy Buffett Tribute at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 15 at the Murphy Theatre. Parrotheads: For more information or to reserve your tickets, visit www.themurphytheatre.org or call 937-382-3643 or email [email protected] .
• Emily Ann Roberts concert — who has performed on “The Voice” with Team Blake — featuring vintage country music at 8 p.m. Friday, July 15 at the Clinton County Fair.
Saturday, July 16
• New Frontiers: The Definitive Journey Tribute in concert at 7 p.m. Saturday, July 16 at the Clinton County Fair; second show at 9 p.m.
Monday, July 18
• 3M Club — Monday Morning Men’s Club for senior men in the area. Held 9-10 a.m. at Ohio Living Cape May Campus Center, 150 Cape May Drive, Wilmington. Speaker will be Taylor Stuckert, who is the Executive Director of the Clinton County Regional Planning Commission. Free continental breakfast.
Friday, July 22
• Rock the Block featuring Stryper and their unique brand of “heavenly metal” at the Murphy Theatre 7 p.m. Friday, July 22 as part of Rock the Block presented by the CVB. Tickets and more info at https://bit.ly/35rleCs .
Saturday, July 23
• Rock the Block featuring Night Ranger at 7 p.m. Saturday, July 23 at the Murphy Theatre as part of Rock the Block presented by the CVB. Tickets and more info at https://bit.ly/3haxCJH .
• Health Alliance of Clinton County inaugural golf fundraising outing at Elks 797 Golf Club starting 9 a.m. Contact [email protected] or call 937-382-2666 for information.
Saturday, July 30
• Riders in the Sky with “40 years of western music and tall tales” in concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, July 30 at the Murphy Theatre. For more information or to reserve your tickets, visit www.themurphytheatre.org or call 937-382-3643 or email [email protected] .
• Township Talk — featuring Liberty, Richland, Wayne, and Wilson Townships — presented by Clinton County Historical Society and Genealogical Society 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday at the History Center, 149 E. Locust St., Wilmington. Provides you with materials you need to learn about the county. Open to both members and non-members at no cost; donation asked if you find your visit worthwhile. Family tree forms, research charts; Celebrating Clinton County pencils given out, coloring sheets and crayons for kids 7 and under. Also a short museum scavenger hunt.