WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Fiesta Veracruz, 37 W. Locust St., Wilmington, Jan. 20. Critical: Individual packages of beef defrosting on shelf at room temperature. Boxes of raw chicken and beef on floor defrosting under air dry shelf. Raw eggs found stored above salsa in reach-in cooler. Portioned cooked chicken wings in prep cooler missing date mark. Flavor and margarita mix stored on floor at bar.
Observed employee handle dirty dishes and then handle clean dishes. Plastic coating on shelf of margarita machine was not removed. Glasses air drying on wet towel at bar. Critical: Spray bottles with cleaners missing labels in mop room.
• R&L Transfer, 600 Gilliam Road, Wilmington, Jan. 31. There is a single-use cup stored in bulk black pepper. There are single containers of cheese sauce, cocktail sauce and ketchup stored in reach-in coolers that are not dated. The back walk-in cooler has air temperature between 42-45°F (must be at 41°F or below). There is a lot of product splatter on underneath of soda fountain. The light is burnt out in the Aquafina reach-in cooler. The cappuccino machine had a build-up of product on the inside tubes. The cove molding is missing at the entrance to the kitchen (swinging door) on the inside.
• Brown’s Distribution, Main Street, Martinsville, Feb. 1. There are packages of turkey, ham, pineapples, etc. on the pizza prep cooler that are undated. There is mold growth on walls and ceilings of walk-in cooler. The walls and ceiling of walk-in cooler are made of unfinished pressboard. You can see light around outside door to walk-in. The floor under the pizza oven is coming apart and the floor in front of oven and pizza prep cooler is “weak” and gives when you walk on it. Two-door freezer at the front of the facility has frost on the outside of the unit.
• Xenia Avenue Market, 659 Xenia Ave., Wilmington, Jan. 20. Paper towels missing in restroom. RFE stopped preparing food 5 months ago. Remaining food containers, condiments, etc. still in kitchen.
• Beaugard’s Southern BBQ, 975 S. South St., Wilmington, Jan. 20. Soda bib found on floor. Freezer lid is damaged/insulation exposed. Black residue on inner guard of ice making machine. Grease observed on vent hood panels. Light nonworking in ice machine room. Several containers of used grease outside the facility. Ice machine room floor and drains require cleaning.
• Bob Evans, 1075 Eastside Drive, Wilmington, Jan. 18. Follow-up. Violations corrected. Thank you for cooperation.
• La Bamba of Clinton County, 961 S. South St., Wilmington, Jan. 18. Follow-up. Violations corrected. Thanks for cooperation.
• Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen, 301 Batson Road, Wilmington, Jan. 26. Everything looks good!
• Village Pizza, 246 Howard St., Sabina, Jan. 25. The vent hood has dust build-up on it.
• Sabina Moose Lodge #1244, 246 N. Howard St., Sabina, Jan. 25. Everything looks good!
• Spillway Lodge, Old State Road, Clarksville, Jan. 25. There are two microwaves that have paint peeling inside. Ceiling by the hot water heater has been patched with new drywall.
• Rod’s Capricorn Inn, 6660 SR 730, Wilmington, Jan. 25. There are some cracked floor tiles at threshold/doorway and behind counter.
• Walmart, 2825 SR 73 S, Wilmington, Jan. 24. the door on the bakery freezer is coming apart and the seal is pushing off the door when closed. There is cove molding missing by the bakery freezer. The corner strip is coming off on the corner by the bakery freezer.
• Windy Acres, 6805 SR 73 W, Wilmington, Feb. 1. Everything looks good. No violations at this time. Thank you.
• The Escape, 36 W. Sugartree St., Wilmington, Feb. 1; 30-day inspection. Everything looks good.
• Damon’s, 1045 Eastside Drive, Wilmington, Jan. 30. Sugar, syrup, and different sauces are missing labels. Critical: Sliced tomato 45°F, egg 44°F, coleslaw 45°F, milk 44°F (walk-in cooler); must be under 41°F.
Seals on the reach-in freezer damaged. Sticker residues observed on clean containers. Hand sink needs resealed to wall on cook line. Plywood and bucket observed at oven gas line. Light fixtures nonworking above cook line hand sink. Hole in wall near exit/warewash area. Cove trim missing near Bengals soda fountain machine.
• Skyline, 2799 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Jan. 30. Verification employees know when to report illness unavailable. Bulk container of salt missing label. Items in walk-in cooler missing date marks. Light bulbs nonworking in ceiling fixture above steam table.
• Domino’s Pizza, 211 S. Broadway St., Blanchester, Jan. 31. Follow-up. Previous temperature violations have been corrected. Thank you. The walk-in cooler air temperature was 41-45°F. The food product in the walk-in was at 41°F. The seal (?) around the outside of the walk-in cooler is coming off and has been replaced with weather stripping, Part of the front around the door (seam) coming apart.
• Midland 1st Stop, 126 Cuba Ave., Midland, Jan. 31. Follow-up. All previous violations have been corrected. Thank you.
• Angelina’s Pizza, 653 W. Main St., Blanchester, Jan. 31. No violations at this time. Everything looks good. Thank you!
• Combs Bakery, 1221 Wayne Road, Wilmington, Jan. 31. The True 2-door reach-in did not have a thermometer inside the unit; it had an unshielded/protected light fixture/bulb.The work table/shelf where icing and topping for donuts are stored had chipping paint on bottom shelf.
• Kentucky Fried Chicken, 127 E. Main St., Wilmington, Jan. 27. Containers storing wiping cloth sanitizer solution found on floor. Walk-in freezer is in need of repair, large amount of ice accumulation observed on floor/wall.Dust observed on ceiling above raw chicken prep. Food debris accumulated under 3-compartment sink. Ice accumulations observed in walk-in freezer. Floor tiles damaged/missing near fryers. Wall tile missing near Blodgett oven. Light nonworking above stand mixer.
• Streber’s Market, 299 South St., New Vienna, Jan. 27. Follow-up. Violations corrected. Water observed on floor near hand sink. Thanks for cooperation.
• Hampton Inn & Suites, 201 Holiday Drive, Wilmington, Jan. 30. Food handler hair was not restrained. RTE TCS foods missing time stamps … This is a repeat violation. If FSO wants to continue to use time as a public health control, follow proper policy. Customer bag was stored in FSO freezer. Ice bucket is damaged, is not food grade. Drain board missing. Cloth towel observed under rack.
• Barrera’s Community Meat, 230 Main St., Port William, Feb. 2. Mop stored in mop bucket and mop water being disposed of in outside drain.