WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Speedway, 900 S. South St., Wilmington, May 10. Three was a nonworking light in the reach-in cooler. The metal faceplate and seal on the slushie machine had black residue. The hand sink was dirty. There was trash on the floor by the soda syrup boxes and in dry storage area. The cove molding by the 3-compartment sink is coming away from the wall. The wall behind mop sink and 3-compatment sink is dirty. There is trash on the floor throughout the back rooms. Wall behind sandwich/food prep is dirty and has dust accumulation. Wall beside fountain pop has dirt/debris. The counter under microwave is dirty. Counter under cup holder has red slip-resistant cloth that is dirty and counter underneath is broken/disrepair. There is a counter door behind hot dog roller that is broken/surface coming off. Floor between service cabinets in front, dirt with trash debris. Overall sanitation needs improvement throughout the facility.
• Pizza Hut, 456 Main St., Wilmington, May 5. Level 2 Food Protection Certification is unavailable. This is a new requirement as of 3/1/17. Bulk storage containers with cinnamon/sugar and salt missing labels. Black residue observed on ice dispenser a soda fountain machine. Dust/grease observed on box fan in kitchen. Food debris accumulated on cart in the retarder. Boxes/trash observed on ground next to dumpster. Light bulbs nonworking in several ceiling light fixtures (near walk-in cooler, pizza make line, soda fountain, holding cabinet, etc.). Sauce splatter observed on ceiling above pizza make line. Comments: Social media had a picture posted by customer of chicken they received claiming/appearing raw. Discussed issue with PIC. PIC commented a complaint was received about boneless wings being undercooked, PIC was able to demonstrate knowledge with handling and cooking of chicken. The under counter freezer next to freezer was out of order. At this time all boneless chicken is stored in walk-in freezer. Recommend more diligent internal checks of temperature of chicken cooked to verify reaching 165°F.
Follow-up: June 8.
• J&S Petro, 7111 SR 73 West, Wilmington, May 5. Violations corrected: 3.2, 4.2, 4.5, 5.4, 6.2. The following require correction: Verification demonstrating employees are informed when to report illness is unavailable.
Critical: Observed mouse droppings in cabinets below beverage equipment.
Follow-up: May 26.
• Caesar’s Creek BP, 7126 SR 73, Wilmington, May 5. Violations corrected: 4.2, 4.6, 5.1, 5.4, 5.3. The following require correction: Level 2 food protection certification unavailable.This is a new requirement as of 3/1/17. Weather stripping at exit door needs repaired.
Critical: Mouse droppings found in cabinet below Pepsi fountain. Area needs cleaning and monitoring for pests. PIC commented Terminix is scheduled to visit Monday or Tuesday.
Follow-up: May 26.
• Denver Elementary School, 291 Lorish Ave., Wilmington, May 10. Follow-up. Violations corrected: 4.4. Floor tile at exit door is damaged.
• Little Caesar’s, 134 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, May 9. There is mildew/debris on floor of walk-in cooler (at back of unit along the floor seal). There is food debris on carts in walk-in cooler. The floor beside the pizza oven had trash/debris. The floor under prep table (where dough is portioned) is dirty. There is cove molding missing beside the back door. The wall behind 3-compartment sink is dirty. The caulking along the 3-compartment sink had black residue. The hand sink by the pizza oven is pulling away from the wall. There is a fly strip hanging from the ceiling by the pizza oven. The hood unit over pizza oven has dust accumulation.
Follow-up: June 9.
• Clinton-Massie Elementary School, Lebanon Road, Clarksville, May 8. Lights missing/nonworking above fruit/vegetable service line area. Light bulbs nonworking in ceiling fixtures in kitchen and dry storage.
• Clinton-Massie Middle School, Lebanon Road, Clarksville, May 8. Dust observed on HVAC ceiling vent in dry storage room and on fan covers in walk-in cooler (near ovens).
• Clinton-Massie High School, Lebanon Road, Clarksville, May 8. No concerns at time of visit.
• Countryside YMCA C.M. Prime Time, 2556 Lebanon Road, Clarksville, May 8. Meals supplies by Clinton-Massie and parents. Snacks and supplements provided by FSO. Gloves, bleach and test strips available.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU