WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• 73 Grill, 3669 SR 380, Wilmington, March 14. Follow-up. All violations corrected. Updates to establishment look great! Thanks for cooperation!
• Kroger, 1001 Cherry St., Blanchester, March 7. Follow-up complaint received Feb. 2. Issues were not corrected. Discussed concerns with manager. Observed trash accumulated in grassy areas along edge of drive/parking lot (east side), side open area next to gas station (south side) and back behind building (north side) on Kroger parcel. Trash must be collected and placed in dumpster for disposal. Follow-up in 30 days.
• Family Dollar Store, 105 E. Main St., Clarksville, March 22. There is a light out in 2-door reach-in freezer. Trash and dog food on floor of back room. There are mops stored head down in mop sink. Trash under reach-in coolers and lots of dirt/debris under coolers.
Follow-up: April 4.
• Family Dollar, 140 West St., New Vienna, March 15. Critical: There were three containers of fruit punch dated March 8.
Lights were out in the milk and dairy cooler. Mop was stored head down in mop sink. Floor behind desk and beside pop cooler had excessive amount of debris/dirt.
• Dollar General, 150 Holiday Drive, Wilmington, March 15. Light out in the milk and juice cooler.
• Kroger, 1230 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, March 20. Consultation. Dishwasher still not working. Hopefully this week. Discussed handwashing with manager.
• Wilmington Child Care 1600 Alex Drive, Wilmington, March 20. Children bring their own lunch. Provide breakfast and snacks. No issues at this time. Everything looks good!
• New China Dragon, 103 E. Main St., Blanchester, March 20. Four previous violations have been corrected. Thank you! There was a towel on the counter in the kitchen. There are several cracked floor tiles in the kitchen; manager stating they are working to get estimate to replace flooring throughout facility.
• McDonald’s, 201 W. Main St., Blancheser, March 20, Follow-up. All previous violations have been corrected. Thank you! All employees working with ready-to-eat foods were wearing clear/white gloves. Employees working with raw products (meat) were wearing blue gloves. Discussed procedures that will be put into place when facility starts serving fresh beef in next couple of weeks.
• Red Zone Neighborhood Grill, 762 W. Main St., Blanchester, March 20. Follow-up. Dishwasher temperature was 117°F and sanitizer was available. Dishwasher is ready to be used.
• Murphy Theatre, 50 W. Main St., Wilmington, March 22. Everything looks good. No violations at this time.