Clinton County Community Action is celebrating Community Action Month, dedicated to recognizing the success of the national Community Action Network. America’s Community Action Agencies connect millions of children and families to greater opportunity, transforming their lives and making our communities and our nation stronger.
“Community Action Month is a wonderful time to honor and celebrate the impact Community Action has in the lives of families and communities across the country,” said Dean Knapp, Executive Director of Clinton County Community Action. “The Community Action Partnership Network offers insight to leaders looking to understand what is working on the ground to help families thrive-creating smarter solutions that can be put to work within communities across the country. This past year, our agency has served families in Clinton County and empowered them to attain self-sufficiency.”
Knapp said that, during 2017, Clinton County Community Action:
• Provided housing for 376 individuals;
• Provided 1,797 food boxes assisting 2,015 people in 714 households;
• Distributed 55 gas cards for out of county medical transportation;
• Weatherized 65 dwellings;
• Delivered 27,262 meals;
• Served 6,310 congregate meals;
• Delivered 3,260 Passport meals;
• Provided 6,210 rides to senior citizens;
• Provided 40 seniors with a monthly food box and 50 seniors with weekly delivered meals;
• 2,022 hours of wellness activities were provided;
• 262 seniors were assisted with Supportive Services;
• 195 senior clients received cleaning services;
• 102 children were served through the Head Start Program;
• 4,980 applications were processed for utility assistance
• 12 individuals obtained a vehicle.
“Our work changes lives and strengthens our entire community,” Knapp said.
For more information, visit the agency website at clintoncap.org.