WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Autumn Years Nursing Center, 580 E. Washington St., Sabina, Aug. 6. Residential oven/stove was installed in kitchen. Commercial food service operation must use commercial NSF or similar rated equipment. Person in charge stated applying to state (Dept. of Commerce) to switch to gas instead of electric. Mixing bowl on stand mixer dented/worn on bottom of bowl. Door seal damaged and door does not remain closed on its own (brick used to hold it closed) on 6-door reach-in cooler. Light shield missing over light bulb in 6-door reach-in cooler. Box freezer does not close properly. Wallpaper is peeling at site of ice scoop holder attachment. Cottage cheese, ice cream containers, etc. re-used for food storage. Dirt, debris, cobwebs, etc. observed on floor in dry stock room and under warewash machine. Floor tiles missing under warewash machine.
• Elks Lodge #797, 2541 SR 22 E, Wilmington, Aug. 13. Critical: Raw burger patties stored above cole slaw in Elks reach-in cooler. Cole slaw (8/3), mushrooms (7/24), etc. found expired. Spray bottle (yellow cleaner) missing label.
Level 2 certification unavailable. Verification demonstrating employees know when to report illness unavailable. Spoon found in closed container of chicken salad. Crockpot is household-rated. Warewash machine: 0 ppm chlorine (must be 50 ppm for sanitizer cycle to properly sanitize). Dishes must be manually cleaned/sanitized in 3-sink until warewash machine can properly sanitize. Shelving and fan covers in Elks reach-in cooler has debris. Tray (collects debris/food on warewash machine) needs cleaning. Fan (floor) has dust accumulation. Large pile of dirt (soil) next to mop sink. Warewash machine shelving has torn table coverings on them? Shelving in walk-in cooler is rusty. Cover missing on electrical juncture box above 3-sink at front bar. Ceiling tiles have water damage in kitchen. Gnats observed at soda nozzle gun at front bar.
Follow-up: Aug. 27.
• Donatos Pizza, 880 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Aug. 13. Critical: Salami 47°F, gravy °F (top sandwich prep), marinara 119°F (warmer). Cold TCS foods must be 41°F or less and hot foods 135°F or above. Sprayer missing label.
Parmesan cheese “use by Aug. 12” found. Black residues on door seals on pizza make line. Sticker residues on clean food containers. Black residues observed on inside of ice dispenser on soda fountain machine. Lights nonworking in walk-in cooler, near hand sink and dry stock area.
• Dollar General, 115 E. Washington St., Sabina, Aug. 6. Provided info sheets for vomit/diarrhea clean-up procedures. No concerns at time of visit.
Follow-up: Sept. 17.
• Cowan Lake Commissary, 1756 Osborn Road, Wilmington, Aug. 3. Critical: Hot dogs (7/19), sausage gravy (7/29), pepperoni (7/20), sausage crumbles (7/21), onion (7/27) found expired/beyond 7-day hold time.
Pizza make line cooler and microwave had food residue accumulation. Additionally, butter brush was laying on inner compartment of top pizza make line cooler. Employee purse and keys were stored next to milk shake equipment.
• Cluxton’s Dairy Bar, 267 W. Main St., New Vienna, Aug. 3. Wet cloths found on counter. scoop of handle found in sprinkles. Critical: Date marks missing on cole slaw, hot dog sauce.
• Sams Meats & Deli, 1209 W. Locust St., Wilmington, Aug. 8. Frozen food freezer had large amount of ice inside freezer around the door.
• Wal-mart, 2825 Progress Way, Wilmington, Aug. 9. Condensate in walk-in freezer in deli area. No verification available for Class 2 certification.
• Stephanie’s, 142 Main St., New Vienna, Aug. 7. Ceiling in the back room has areas where the plaster is falling off and holes in ceiling/upper walls. Small air conditioner in back is dripping water into large pan on counter. Several cracked floor tiles behind counter in front area.
• Mediterranean Restaurant, 53 E. Main St., Wilmington, Aug. 15. Floor in the prep area was dirty with flour and food debris (onions). Temperatures were very good. Thank you!
• Papsy’s Place Frozen Yogurt, 115 W. Main St., Wilmington, Aug. 15. No violations at this time.