LEES CREEK — East Clinton is looking for a new Sabina Elementary principal now that Terri Barton has been named director of curriculum and instruction for the district.
The position opened up when Betsy Wyatt decided to resign, effective the end of July. Barton was principal at Sabina Elementary for 14 years, starting in August 2001.
“I’m excited about moving into this district leadership position as the director of curriculum and instruction,” stated Barton.
“I look forward to working with staff members in all buildings in the district, and in helping support the continued growth and achievement of East Clinton Local Schools,” she added.
In other business at its June meeting, the school board:
• Approved an agreement with The Center for Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine of Highland District Hospital to provide athletic training services for the 2015-16 school year.
• Approved a summer school fee of $50 per student.
• Approved Duro-Last Roofing for a roof project at the New Vienna Elementary School at an estimated cost of $28,568.
• Approved Hester Asphalt to seal and strip the New Vienna Elementary parking lots at an estimated cost of $7,000 and Sabina Elementary parking lots at an estimated cost of $4,500.
• Approved GradeCo of Clinton County to replace handicap ramps at Sabina Elementary at an approximate cost of $6,500.
• Approved computer service agreement with Miami Valley Educational Association for one year at an approximate cost of $35,506.
• Approved St. Rita School for the Deaf financial agreement at an approximate cost of $34,500 for two preschool students.
• Accepted resignations from certified staff include Matt Schneider, who also resigned as girls tennis coach, speech therapist Jeanne Buente effective the end of August, and Steven Sodini as assistant varsity football coach. A resignation also was accepted from classified staffer Bryan Floyd as an assistant varsity football coach.
• Awarded one-year teaching contracts for the 2015-16 school year to Spencer Powell, Julia Argabright, Heather Mathews, Howard Baer and Resa Test.
• Awarded supplemental contracts to Howard Baer for junior high football, to Spencer Powell for girls high school tennis and junior high boys basketball, and to Mark Scovanner for assistant coach in varsity football.
Reach Gary Huffenberger at 937-556-5768 or on Twitter @GHuffenberger.