WILMINGTON – The Wilmington High Sch0ol seniors went out in record-setting fashion on the home tennis courts.
The Hurricane defeated Waynesville 4-1 to reach the 15-win mark, a single season school record. It was the final home match for “a great group of seniors,” WHS coach Steve Reed said.
“After the season, we lose three seniors with four years of varsity experience,” Reed said.
Jack Romer, Jonathan Fender, Brady Henry combined for more than 60 wins this season alone, said Reed.
Nigel Banks, Sam Jacobyansky and Marco Anicic were the other WHS seniors.
May 6 2019
@Wilmington High School
Wilmington 4 Waynesville 1
• Avery Bradshaw defeated D. Muth 6-1, 6-1
• Jack Romer defeated R. Metzer 6-1, 6-3
• Nigel Banks was def by K. Hutcherson 0-6, 0-6
• Jonathan Fender, Brady Henry defeatd M. Bone, M. Romero 6-0, 6-4
• Sam Jacobyansky, Marko Anicic defeated C. Woton, G. Coppeck 6-0, 6-0