Miami Trace easily won its fourth straight South Central Ohio League wrestling title, scoring 180.5 points while runnerup Washington had 137 points.
Going into the league, Miami Trace was unbeaten in dual matches and finishes with 14 points.
Clinton-Massie was third going in and tied for third in the tournament. The Falcons were able to maintain their position and claimed third overall in the final standings.
Wilmington was second going into the tournament but struggled Saturday with a fifth-place finish and placed fourth in the final standings.
“The outcome was not what we expected,” WHS assistant coach Brad Bean said. “As coaches, we expect the best outcome. We lost a lot of close matches.”
Collin Greene’s third-place finish was noted as a wrestling who came into the tournament unseeded at 126 pounds, Bean said. Also, Wes Lunsford at heavyweight won his first match of the season.
“We now need to stay healthy and maintain weight and stay focused for sectionals,” Bean said.
East Clinton finishes eighth in the final standings.
Individually, Clinton County claimed four weight class champions.
Davey Tunon of Clinton-Massie had no trouble winning the 152-pound title. He recorded a tech fall of Bryant Bergefurd of Wilmington in the title match.
Jacob Boldman was the Hurricane’s lone title holder, pinning Zane Nelson of Washington in 4:37 in the 132-pound championship match.
Ross Lennon of Clinton-Massie edged Jake Badgley of McClain 10-9 in a thrilling 160-pound championship match.
Anthony Tissandier pinned Curran Butler of Hillsboro to win the 170-pound title match.
By weight class, Clinton-Massie, East Clinton and Wilmington top four were:
• 106: Nathan Allgyer of CM second, lost 8-4 in finals; Cameron Smart of WHS, lost 5-3 in consolation.
• 113: No placers.
• 120: Austin Brock of EC third.
• 126: Collin Greene of WHS third.
• 132: Jacob Boldman of WHS first.
• 138: Zack Dillow of CM third, pinned 1:38 in consolation; Samuel Morgan of EC fourth, lost in 1:38 in consolation.
• 145: Isaac Allen of WHS third, won 11-4 in consolation; Noah Morgan of EC fourth, lost 11-4 in consolation.
• 152: Davey Tunon of CM first, won 20-4 in finals; Bryant Bergefurd of WHS, lost 20-4 in finals; Thomas Wright of EC third, pinned in 4:06 in consolation.
• 160: Ross Lennon of CM first, won 10-9 in finals; Cameron Bloch of EC fourth, lost in consolation.
• 170: Anthony Tissandier of CM first, won by pin in finals;.
• 182: RJ Tolliver of WHS third, won 4-3 in consolation.
• 195: Briten Kessler of WHS fourth, lost 3-2 OT in consolation.
• 220: Jackson Grigsby of CM third, won 15-7 in consolation.
• 285: Wes Lunsford of WHS fourth, pinned in consolation.