WILMINGTON — The Wilmington High School tennis team finished third Sunday at the Wilmington Invitational on the WHS courts.
The pairing of Jalen Douglas and Mason McIntosh won the second doubles bracket to lead the Hurricane. They defeated Stropos and Neulers of Lebanon 6-2, 6-4 in the title match.
Drew Moyer and Jack Romer were second at first doubles, falling to Grote and Smith of Greenville 3-6, 4-6 in the championship match.
Greenville was the team championship with Lebanon finishing as runnerup.
April 23, 2017
@Wilmington High School
Greenville 39 Lebanon 35 Wilmington 30 Little Miami 28 SWAS 22 Hillsboro 16
• Brady Henry was def by J. Miller (SWAS) 8-6; def A. Gunderman (H) 8-3. Finished fifth
• Brayden Rhoads def G. Gilliland (H) 8-1; was def by J. Franzer (L) 3-6, 4-6; was def by M. Lockman (LM) 3-6, 0-6. Finished fourth.
• Brady Evans was def by K. Kordowski (L) 0-6, 3-6; was def by J. York (LM) 0-6, 2-6. Finished fourth
• Drew Moyer, Jack Romer def Greenville, SWAS 8-0; def Kronenberger, Williams (LM) 3-6, 6-3, 10-8; was def by Grote, Smith (G) 3-6, 4-6. Finished second
• Jalen Douglas, Mason McIntosh def Lobenstein, Galloway (G) 6-1, 6-2; def Stropos, Neulers (L) 6-2, 6-4. Finished first
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU