FELICITY – The Blanchester tennis team will go into Wednesday’s SBAAC National Division tournament in first place following a 3-2 win over Felicity-Franklin Monday.
Blanchester is 9-4 overall and 7-1 in the league. The league tournament is set to begin 9 a.m. Wednesday at Wilmington High School.
“They have worked so hard to get to this point,” BHS coach Matt Sexton said. “We’ve got one more step to take Wednesday. Felicity had a different pair at second doubles and they played well.”
Grace King and Kayla Allen won at second doubles to put the decisive point on the BHS side of the scoreboard.
“It was the first time Grace and Kayla have felt the pressure,” Sexton said. “Lilly (Tedrick) played one tight set but it felt like she was in control. First doubles played beautifully. They moved so well. When they play like that, they’re tough to beat.”
Sept. 25, 2017
@Felicity High School
Blanchester 3, Felicity 2
• Madison Baird (F) d. Erin Wilson 6-4, 6-1
• Lilly Tedrick (B) d. Raelynn Morales 6-2, 7-6 (7-2)
• Jaylyn Clark (F) d. Lydia Falgner 6-4, 6-3
• Alexis Vestal, Korie White (B) d. Jenna Brown, Lea Cooper 6-1, 6-3
• Grace King, Kayla Allen (B) d. Guadalupe Rodriguez, Bailey Lowe 7-5, 1-6, 6-4