CINCINNATI – All five courts for the Blanchester High School girls tennis team remain in play as Flight H of the Greater Cincinnati Tennis Coaches Association Coaches Classic continues.
Play began Thursday at Colerain High School. Play will resume 8 a.m. Saturday at Colerain.
“I was pleased with how we competed,” BHS coach Matt Sexton said. “Hopefully second doubles can pull out a win so we can play for at least one first-place plaque. In most cases, we were competing against girls who have played longer or have taken private lessons. Considering that, I thought we did very well.”
Maddy Coyle and Taylor Bradley lead their semifinal match in the second doubles bracket and will resume that match Saturday morning.
Jill Richardson played her first match of the year at third singles.
Sept 20 2018
• Kayla Allen was def by Crigler (RB) 3-6, 1-6. Will play Smith (Fen) in consolation final.
• Lydia Falgner was def by Crane (RB) 3-6, 2-6; will play Swope (Taylor) in consolation semi
• Jill Richardson was def by Kaetzel (RB) 6-2, 1-6, 5-10; will play Bross (Taylor) in consolation semi.
• Elecia Patton, Annie Trovillo were def by Ross, Foley (Fen); will play in consolation final.
• Maddy Coyle, Taylor Bradley def Cundiff, Dart (Taylor) 6-2, 6-3; suspended match against Munson, Betelewign (Colerain).