WILMINGTON – Wilmington has two courts in the championship finals of Flight E in the Greater Cincinnati Coaches Classic tennis tournament.
The Flight E brackets were contested Thursday at Wilmington High School.
The finals will begin 8:30 a.m. Sasturday on the WHS courts.
Claire Burns of Wilmington will play for the first singles championship against Wu of Madison. Burns knocked off Nina Lazic of Clinton-Massie 6-3, 6-3 in the semifinal round.
Emma Schroeder and Jenna Taylor will play in the first doubles championship match against Daltilo and Stinson of Seton. The WHS duo won a lengthy semifinal match over Petro and Rusk of Madison 0-6, 7-6 (10-8), 7-5.
Wilmington’s Allie Kees (second singles) Kristina Walt, Zane Bekheet (second doubles) will play in the consolation final of their respective brackets.
Rachel Barker finished fourth at third singles.
For Clinton-Massie, Lazic at first singles, Kari Cragwall and Liza Duncan at first doubles, and Jenn Callewaert and Lindsey Amberger at second doubles all will play in the consolation final in their brackets.
Sept 20 2018
• Claire Burns (W) def Wourms (Fen) 6-1, 6-0, def Lazic (CM) 6-3, 6-3. Will play Wu (Mad) in championship final.
• Nina Lazic (CM) was def by Burns (W) 1-6, 0-6; def Tepe (Seton) 8-0. Will play Huhn (Go) in consolation final.
• Raelee Schulz (CM) was def by Boadas (Mad) 1-6, 1-6. Will play Kees (W) in consolation semi.
• Allie Kees (W) def Dee (Seton) 6-4, 6-2; was def by Salmons (Go) 4-6, 7-6 (7-3), 7-10. Will play Schulz (CM) in consolation semi.
• Rachel Barker (W) was def by Tucker (Mad) 0-6, 2-6; was def by Price (Go) 2-6, 2-6. Finished fourth.
• Elizabeth Mason (CM) was def by Rolfes (Seton) 0-6, 0-6; was def by Price (Go) 0-8. Did not place.
• Emma Schroeder, Jenna Taylor (W) def Wager, Bell (Fen) 6-2, 6-4; def Petro, Rusk (Mad) 6-0, 6-7 (5-7), 10-8. Will play Datlilo, Stinson (Set) in championship final.
• Kari Cragwall, Liza Duncan (CM) were def by Daltilo, Stinson (Set) 0-6, 2-6; def Wager, Bell (Fen) 8-4. Will play in consolation final.
• Kristina Walt, Zane Bekheet (W) were def by Fischer, Burn (Mad) 0-6, 0-6; def Palafox, Velduse (Go) 9-8 (7-5). Will play Callewaert, Amberger (CM) in consolation final
• Jenn Callewaert, Lindsey Amber (CM) were def by Fischer, Burn (Fen) 1-6, 0-6; def Major, Berling (Fen) 8-2. Will play Walt, Bekheet (W) in consolation final