WILMINGTON — Wilmington High School announces its December Students of the Month:
• The agriculture department recognizes Naudea Mojica for her willingness to learn. Naudea has been a great asset to the agriculture program and freshman class. She comes to class each day with an infectious smile and positive attitude. Naudea encourages others and offers to lend a hand to all of her classmates at every opportunity. She makes a positive impact in the classroom and demonstrates the characteristics required of a premier leader and role model.
• The Business Department recognizes Samuel Banks for his positive attitude and for taking an active role in class activities. Sam is on-task and focused in his work and serves as a leader for his group. He is responsible in organizing and approaching each task the group must accomplish.
• The Choral Department recognizes Heather Fryman for her leadership in her vocal section and on the robe crew. Heather is a dependable, conscientious, and hard-working student who is not afraid to ask for help when needed.
• The English Department recognizes Thomas Pennington. While typically reserved in class, Thomas is pleasant and kind. He makes an extra effort to complete his assignments and is open to suggestions. Planning to attend college next year, Thomas’ work ethic and dedication to his academics will surely help him succeed.
• The Exceptional Student Education Department recognizes Rebecca Miller for her willingness to work hard in all her academic studies. Even when the material is challenging, Rebecca continues to stay focused. Her ever-present smile and friendly attitude makes her a positive role model among her peers.
• The Physical Education Department recognizes Nicadimus Hayward for his positive attitude and work ethic in Athletic Power Fitness class. Nicadimus comes to class every day ready to “get his sweat on.” He works hard, helps others during class, and always has a smile on his face.
• The Science Department recognizes Jenee Valentine for her work in science class. She consistently answers questions and rises to the occasion when presented with the more challenging course work. Jenee has also been involved in the Tech Club where has shown a strong drive in improving her coding and building skills. Jenee is always prepared for class and serves as a model to her classmates.
• The Social Studies Department recognizes Brodie Back for his commitment in applying his analytical skills to the complex topics studied in class. Whether it is describing Monetary Policy of the Federal Reserve or characterizing key aspects of the Palestinian/Israeli Conflict, Brodie is a model student in College Credit Plus Economics and Middle East Studies. Brodie applies both his sense of humor and serious nature in his enthusiasm to studying each new topic and serves a great example for others to follow.
• The Theatre Department recognizes Eliyah Bowles for her extraordinary work in acting class this semester. Her characterizations, accent work, and emotional expression have made her acting pieces stand out.