WILMINGTON — A National Day of Prayer event will be held at the Clinton County Courthouse at noon Thursday, May 6.
The gathering will take place on the outside Main Street entrance.
The schedule is below and will include one of our area pastors or leaders with focused prayer on one area of our nation’s welfare. This event is one of hundreds of prayer rallies being held across the land on this day.
• Belinda Cook — Welcome and History of the National Day of Prayer
• Tom Stephenson — Leading the Pledge of Allegiance and prayers for local, state, and federal elected officials
• Dan Mayo – Prayers for our nation’s military
• Dave Hinman – Prayers for our nation’s unity, compassion, and respect for all life.
• Dale McCamish – Prayers for police, firefighters and first responders, those effected by COVID 19 pandemic.
• Sherry Weller — Prayers for our families, neighbors, and schools
• Lee Sandlin – Prayers for the homeless, the lonely, the heartbroken and victims of human trafficking.
•Veronica Grabill – Closing with the Lord’s Prayer and recording of Lee Greenwood’s “God Bless the USA”.
Please bring your lawn chairs if you wish, and feel free to pass the word along to family friends and neighbors.
For more information, please call or text event organizers Belinda Cook at 937-725-7352, Veronica Grabill at 937-469-0313 or Dan Mayo at 937-725-0445.