Upcoming local in-person public events are listed below. We recommend you check with each individual event/organization for updates on changes, cancellations or postponements, and for information on safety requirements (masks, social distancing, etc.) for any events you plan to attend.
Sunday, May 30
• Liberty Township memorial ceremony begins at 11 a.m. Sunday, May 30 at the gazebo at Old Maple Grove Cemetery in Port William. (In the event of rain, it will be moved inside to the Port William Methodist Church).
Monday, May 31
• Wilmington Memorial Day Parade and Service Monday, May 31 in Wilmington. Parade departs American Legion Post 49 around 10 a.m. Monday, May 31, proceeding to Sugar Grove Cemetery for the annual memorial service.
• Sabina Memorial Day ceremony in the Sabina Cemetery at 10 a.m. Monday. Sabina United Methodist Church Pastor David Brown will speak.
• Lees Creek Memorial Day Parade & Service Monday, May 31. Parade forms at 1:15 p.m. at the Township Garage and Church.
Thursday, June 3
• Booklovers, a Blanchester area book discussion group, will be held at Fellowship Hall of Grace United Methodist Church, Wright and Center streets, Blanchester, at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 3 discussing “Killers of the Flower Moon” by David Grann. Anyone interested in participating may call the library at 937-783-3585 to get a copy of the book.
Wednesday, June 9
• CMH monthly community blood drive is 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 9 at 610 West Main St. There is no deferral or delay in donating blood after receiving any COVID-19 vaccine. Make an appointment at www.DonorTime.com or call 937-461-3220.
Friday, June 11
• Outdoor Health & Safety Expo at Continental Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation free event 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Friday, June 11 at 820 E. Center St. in Blanchester. Enjoy live music, grilled hot dogs, grab-and-go snacks, cold drinks, goodie bags, blood pressure readings, door prizes and free photos with baby goats, as well as health and safety information. (Rain date is June 18.)