WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently processed the following reports:
• Police responded to an alleged fatal overdose at the 100 block of Creedon Avenue at 2:38 a.m. on June 14. The victim was a 45-year-old Wilmington female.
• At 8:44 p.m. on June 14, police responded to an alleged overdose at the 200 block of Kentucky Avenue. The victim was a 28-year-old female resident. Police collected a black bag with 70 used caps, tweezers and cotton balls, a hypodermic needle, and a cap with white powder as evidence.
• At 1:56 p.m. on June 12, a 25-year-old Batavia male reported that the passenger side of his vehicle was broken out. According to the report it took place sometime the previous night at the 900 block of Wayne Road in Wilmington.
• At 11:48 p.m. on June 12, authorities responded to the area of State Route 22 East and Wilson Road in reference to a male walking on the side of the road. According to the report, the subject was a 31-year-old Sabina male who had escaped from the Sabina Police Department’s custody. The responding officer saw him with no shirt, still in handcuffs though in the front this time, go on and over a guardrail heading to a nearby store. Police apprehended the man and re-cuffed him. Sabina officials transported him back to their custody.
• At 12:19 a.m. on June 13, a juvenile was charged with having drug paraphernalia and underage tobacco possession. The charges were filed after an incident at South East Park. Police seized LM 100s cigarettes and a green glass pipe.
• At 9:36 a.m. on June 13, police were informed that a now former employee of a daycare center on Park Drive was allegedly abusive toward a child. According to the report, video of the former employee, a 27-year-old Sabina female, grabbed a child with Down Syndrome and hypermobility off a bookshelf by one of his biceps and “plopped him down.” The mother said due to his hypermobility it could have severely injured him. Authorities spoke with the owner of the daycare and they said the suspect was fired. The video was shown to prosecutors and they said the actions didn’t meet the elements of assault or endangering children; the mother was referred to the county prosecutor’s office.
• At 5:43 p.m. on June 13, police responded to the 300 block of West Sugartree Street on a theft report. According to the report, a 29-year-old male resident reported 10 fishing rod/poles were stolen. They were later recovered and a 34-year-old Wilmington female was charged in relation to the incident.
• At 8:11 p.m. on June 13, police performed a traffic stop on Mulberry Street which resulted in a 46-year-old Wilmington female being summoned to court for marijuana possession.
• Police received a report of a theft that took place at the 100 block of Sparta Avenue in Wilmington. According to the report, a 27-year-old female said a 30-year-old Sabina female came to her residence on June 9 saying she needed money or else a male subject wasn’t going to let her go; she was afraid he would kill her. The victim gave her what money she had. The female and male subject left. She later told police they discovered the two subject had allegedly taken her white Nook without permission.
• At 7:39 a.m. on June 16, a 65-year-old female reported her sweatshirt was missing from her vehicle at her resident on Prairie Avenue.
• At 9:44 a.m. on June 16, police responded to a theft report at the 300 block of Columbus Street. According to the report, $200 in cash and prescription sunglasses were stolen from a 74-year-old female resident.
• At 9:15 p.m. on June 17, police began a sex offense involving a juvenile investigation. According to the report, the incident took place at a residence on the 1-99 block of Josephine Street and a 46-year-old male is listed as a suspect.
• At 1:18 p.m. on June 18, police received a report of a stolen red/silver Rhino 10-speed bike. The bike was stolen from the 700 block of Bernice Street around 1:30 a.m., according to the report.
• A 43-year-old male reported that several items from his vehicle at the 100 block of West Main Street, at 3:36 p.m. on June 18. The report lists a radar detector, an air pump, and a dash pro camera as stolen.
• At 6:12 p.m. on June 18, police responded to South East Park in reference to alleged drug activity. According to the report, police seized marijuana, paraphernalia, and tobacco products from a juvenile after investigating.
• Police responded to the theft of a cellphone at the 200 block of Prairie Avenue at 6:36 p.m. on June 18.
Wilmington police also recently charged the following people:
• Teela Carrington, 25, of Wilmington, was charged with two counts of alleged drug abuse instrument possession.
• Cynthia Hughes, 32, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged illegal use/possession of drug paraphernalia and dangerous drug possession.
• Marina Lynch, 19, of Wilmington, was charged with two counts of alleged criminal trespass and assault.
• Ricky Mills, 43, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged domestic violence.
• Steven Boris, 28, of Wilmington, was charged with two counts of alleged theft.
• Travis Greene, 32, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged robbery and domestic violence.
• Hannah Greene, 19, of Leesburg, was charged with alleged theft.
• Taylor Newland, 18, of Leesburg, was charged with alleged theft and possessing criminal tools.
• Michael Sholler, 41, of New Vienna, was charged with alleged drug abuse instrument possession.
• Alvin Shepherd, Jr., 26, of Dayton, was charged with alleged theft.
• Aaron Aber, 24, of New Vienna, was charged with alleged driving while under the influence and driving in a marked lane/continuous line.
• Devan Macke, 23, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged falsification.
• Timothy Bart, 53, of Cuba, was charged with alleged resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
• Shannon Benningfield, 36, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged domestic violence.
• Dwight Barnes, 54, of Wilmington, was charged with criminal trespass.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574