MASON — The Wilmington High School tennis season ended Thursday at the Div. I Sectional tournament at Mason Middle School.
“Our girls played very well,” said WHS coach Doug Cooper. “I’m not sure we’ve had four out of five courts advance to the second round of the sectional as long as I’ve been coaching. I’m proud of our showing at the toughest sectional in the state.”
Allison Brooks, the WHS girls tennis wins leader, notched the 85th win over her career before losing.
“Mai (Cooper) got a big come from behind win against Milford and Katie (Schroeder) played well,” said Cooper. “On the doubles side, Kalista (Adkins) and Roni (Ilg) had a good day, while Summer (Payne) and Sophie (Reed) got a tough draw, having to face Loveland in the first round.”
Oct 1, 2015
Div I Sectional
@Mason Middle School
• Allison Brooks def Lindsay Leighton (Kings) 6-1, 6-2; was def by Sanjana Dalta (Mason) 1-6, 1-6
• Mai Cooper def Laurel Hilliard (Milford) 2-6, 7-6 (5), 6-1; was def by Haley Guerin (Kings) 1-6, 1-6
• Katie Schroeder def Sara Noyes (LM) 6-1, 6-1; was def by Sarah Wilke (Turpin) 1-6, 3-6
• Kalista Adkins, Veronica Ilg def Jordon Dickerson, Molly Stockton (Amelia) 6-0, 6-1; were def by Savannah Allen, Mackenzie Whitehead (Turpin) 0-6, 1-6
• Summer Payne, Sophie Reed were def by Megan Huether, Morgan Osgood (Loveland) 0-6, 1-6